Friday, January 21, 2011

Girlfriends! Getaway!

Besides my roles as yoga teacher, blogger, mama, and general household manager, I am an experienced girlfriend getaway planner. For years, I have hosted many of my dear friends on Madeline Island for a too-short weekend in the summer.  As a busy mom and wife, I have found that a few days away with some of my mama posse is rejuvenation at its finest.  My favorite part about it?  Watching the women that I see on a regular basis schlepping kids backpacks around in their min-vans, bustling about in their business suits, and passing them by with a wave after school pick-up, transform before my eyes.  It usually hits right about the time they board the ferry and realize that they are an island away from kids and husband.

We kayak, do yoga on the beach, and of course eat fabulous food. Some of us golf, bike, and one of my bravest friends, also a mother of 5 (very brave, yes?), entertains us with her cliff diving adventures at the beautiful State Park. Very, very fun.

According to the Travel Association of America, 24 percent of American women have taken a girlfriend getaway in the past three years while 39 percent plan to take one in the next three years.  If you are the master girlfriend getaway planner share this secret with your peeps.  Madeline Island Yoga Retreats offers an early bird discount. Book early and save $100. See madelineislandyogaretreats.com home page for details.
 Or, email me at amy@cleanspirityoga .com and I will help you get started.


Geocaching on Madeline




 
Swimming in Lake Superior



Fine Dining and even Finer Chocolate Martinis

and...a little (sassy) Lake Superior Yoga
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!