Sunday, July 24, 2011

Being Present at Disneyland

Hanging with Mickey
OK, I know it sounds weird.  When we think of being present it is usually not in an arena of sensory overload like a day at Disney, right?  And the wide world of Disney is definitely a world away from my beloved and much more peaceful Madeline Island home.  I certainly didn't expect it.  But it wasn't too long into our Disney trip that I realized that I hadn't given a thought to all of the things I had to do or something that had irked me moments prior. I was completely captured  in the moment.  

Maybe because I am a Disney sucker or perhaps I could chalk it up to the magic in the pixie dust but by the end of the night I was happily exhausted and like my 6 year old thrilled that we had another day ahead.  I was taking pictures with my camera and mental pictures in my head.  And several times feeling a bit choked up by the pure glee in Tess as she would hug a mouse.

It was a day I will never forget.  Perhaps I can say that because I was truly present.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!