Sunday, October 27, 2013

Neal's Yard Organics

When it comes to organic beauty products, I am a twofold consumer: intrigued and skeptical.  I think I have purchased every food co-op beauty product on the market.  Some of them are nice but I haven't come across one yet that sparked a loyal and consistent buying pattern.

In the last 5 years, I have done my best to create a health and wellness focused life for my family.  That meant changing many of our food choices, switching household cleaners and detergents, and taking vitamins to support our immunity.  I also switched several beauty products but was never completely excited about any brand in particular. I was usually disappointed when I realized that despite the claims of "natural" or organic my brands were rated poorly by the Environmental Working Group's Cosmetics Database.

Last summer I was introduced to Neal's Yard Remedies. I really like it. It's a brand from the UK which has much higher regulatory standards than the US. It's a product that uses organic ingredients to their full potential without fillers such as parabens, mineral oils, synthetic fragrances or silicone.  I also understand the health potential of many of the essential oils that are incorporated into their products.  The products are certified organic, Carbon Neutral, and Soil Association certified. They are GMO -free (including their vitamins). They smell wonderful and I am thrilled with the way my skin and hair feel.

If you are like me, you are skeptical.  Look for reviews.  Not from beauty magazines which review products for a fee but from real beauty bloggers.

Here are some of my newest favorites:

Invigorating Seaweed Shampoo:  I have an oily scalp and always hated the build up that I tend to get from shampoo's.  This is one of the first that leaves my hair soft and shiny day after day.  They hair products for all types with matching conditioners.


       









 Arnica Salve: As a yoga teacher, I rely on a muscle salve for  soothing sore muscles.  This one is my new favorite and a jar at my bedside table is now a  permanent fixture.  Smells amazing!










Wild Rose Beauty Balm:  I love a good multi-purpose product and this one can be used as a cleanser and a moisturizer.  Made from rose-hips, the smell is again the first bonus that will grab you but after using it for a month, I can honestly say this is my new favorite product.




Lastly this company has been rewarded Champion status by The Campaign for Safe Cosmetics.  Influenced by companies rated highly by unpaid organizations who recognize effectiveness and environmental responsibility, this is my new favorite product to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!