Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gr8ful

Every year at this time we reflect on what we are grateful for and I am just as guilty as the next at practicing mindful gratitude only around the holidays. And yet as I reflected back on some of the writing I did last year at this time, I was surprised at how much my emails and writings were peppered with reflections of gratitude. I had made it through 6 of 8 chemo treatments and was feeling pretty crappy to say the least. And yet, so many people in my life had stepped up and supported me that I couldn't help but feel blessed.

I was asked recently how I stayed so positive during that time and I was grateful even for that question. I knew that there were many moments of anger and frustration but for the most part I did work diligently at practicing gratitude. At the time it would free me from associating myself with the negative aspects of my life. One of my best friends would gently remind me that it was a only a process and that also was very powerful knowledge.

So here I am a year later, high on gratitude. The simple things such as hair on my head, the smell of lavender in my new yoga studio, and regaining strength again to master the next arm balance are some of the little things I am grateful for. I am grateful for the many new friends I have made through my new yoga business ventures (yoga people are truly a special breed) and of course the obvious, the people I love.

Love and gratitude and Happy Thanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!