Saturday, October 8, 2011

The 50th Anniversary of Apple Fest and a Fantastic Fall Escape.

The weather was unseasonably warm this year leading to quite the turnout in the streets of Bayfield.  After dining on whitefish chowder, caramel apples (the local dentist had a booth set up for apple eaters), and warm seasoned almonds we walked two blocks out of town for an incredible peaceful and beautiful nature hike.  It was quite the contrast from crowd to countryside and it was our favorite piece of the day.  I caught some of the visual splendor on camera but I wish I could add a scratch-and-sniff element to this blog.  The smells were incredible.

As we drove up to the island last night, I was considering that one-child mommas were rather clever as my group bickered for the full three hours in the car.  Today was different as they climbed trees and enjoyed the  present moments just as much as I did.  Pure bliss for this yoga momma.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!