Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Fall, Winter....Fast Forward .....Summer?

I do not remember ever wearing shorts in March in Wisconsin.

As I sit hear and type I can hear Ted and the kids outside playing basketball.  It has been an extraordinary spring with temps in the 80's.  The windows are open and there is a beautiful breeze.

Last summer I planted my flowers in May on the island, drove back to Eau Claire to finish up with the school schedule, and returned in June for retreat season to sad frozen flowers.  With the buds popping on my Magnolia tree, I am fighting the urge to start gardening now.

This morning someone warned me that we would definitely experience frost again. It's Wisconsin!  And yet, I don't think I'll be sad....just trying to be as present as I can in this glorious weather, loving every minute of it. The only downside is my Madeline Island cravings. Island time can't come soon enough. The other day there were some great pics online of Lake Superior's melting ice.  I found this one particularly cute.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!