Saturday, June 16, 2012

Moving to Madeline

"And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.”
~ F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby


How fitting that this gem of a quote fell into my lap just as I am unrolling into my Madeline Island summer. Not only is Gatsby my all time favorite book but just yesterday I began to feel those moments of pure presence that I experience digging my feet into the sands of these shores.

The first few days up here were harried and I didn't stop moving.  Planning, packing, ordering supplies to be shipped, picking them up at the ferry, and dusting the winter spiders away from the highest corners were among my first priority.  I have a new gallon of paint just awaiting to be opened for a bathroom make-over and of course prep for the incoming  Yoga and Art  retreaters is on my check list too. 

Finally yesterday I let out a big sigh as I joined Christy from Yoga on The Rock for her first yoga class of the season.  We practiced on the dock and as I was twisting into a pose a momma duck and her babies floated by.  It almost brought tears to my eyes when Christy verbalized the exact thoughts I was feeling in that moment, "How lucky are we?"

By the way, if you are looking for a summer get-a-way still and are on the fence about a yoga retreat, shoot me an email.  I have a pretty strong conviction that it would be almost impossible to not feel your breath release a bit more gently through your body as you experience the peace, presence, and Madeline magic that we island yoginis have fallen in love with.

Namaste and I hope to see you on the island.  Here's a pic my twelve year old took overlooking the golf course and marina a few days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!