Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers Day, a Stone Barn, and the Name Game.

Life Happens.  I think I mentioned before that the plan was to have the family moved up to Madeline Island by the first week of June. If anyone should understand how quickly life can change it should be me, a cancer survivor, right?  But I still get flustered.  And this little bit of life which happened (staff changes at my husband's business) meant I needed to help him wrap up his year end.  So here we are June 19th, still in Eau Claire, WI.

Because of the last minute schedule changes we were invited to join friends for Pizza at The Stone Barn in Nelson, Wi tonite.  I didn't know what to expect but ended up spending a lovely Father's Day evening in a beautiful outdoor venue, eating smoked salmon  and margherita pizza with some of my favorite people. Great friends, great food, and a unique outdoor venue. My kind of night.

After we all ate, my husband Ted, who is known in our circle as a gamer, collected some paper, a large bowl, and a few pens.  He had everyone write down the names of six famous people. His only rule was No Obama and No Oprah (too easy) and we all threw our names in the hat.  Then it was wives vs. husbands.  A cell phone provided the one minute timer and  our teams took turns describing the famous names in only three words. For example, after pulling Madonna's name my three words were "Like a Virgin".  Once another wife guessed correctly, I pulled the next name.  Each correct guess was a point.

At the end of the night I can't tell you which team won.  But it was fun and relaxing and I remember thinking how this would not have happened if everything had gone as planned.

Speaking of famous people, I came across this quote while writing this post, "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans" - John Lennon.

Hope all your unplanned summer days turn out happy too.
Namaste!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!